Extract from TIFF’s supernatural thriller “Saloum” navigates the streets of Senegal [Video]
Never released in theaters in the United States, Altered innocence restored the feverish cult movie Arrebato (Rapture) and presented it in theaters in New York and Los Angeles (among others) in October, Bloody Disgusting learned exclusively a few weeks ago.
Check out the official trailer below, first shared by Indiewire earlier today, and we’re also exclusively launching the 4K catering poster today. Find it under the trailer!
The poster is courtesy of Sister Hyde Design.
“Arrebato, an overwhelming mix of heroine, sex and Super-8, is the last word on cinemania, ”the press release enthuses. “This feat of counterculture was the latest hallmark of the cult Spanish filmmaker and movie poster designer. Iván Zulueta. “
Screening locations include:
- Anthology Film Archives (NYC, NY) – 1 / 10-7
- Nuart (LA, CA) – 08 / 10-14
- Austin Film Society (Austin, Texas) – 8/10/10
- Lightbox Film Center (Philadelphia, PA) – 9/9
- Cleveland Cinematheque (Cleveland, OH) – 14 / 10-15
- Beacon Cinema (Seattle, WA) – 10/15-17
- Belcourt Theater (Nashville, Tennessee) – 10/16
- Apohadion Theater (Portland, ME) – 10/16
- Roxie Theater (San Francisco, CA) – 10/18
- Stray Cat Theater (Kansas City, MO) – 10/22
- Brattle Theater (Boston, MA) – 19 / 11-21
In the movie…
“Horror filmmaker José is adrift in an ocean of doubt and drugs. As her late second feature film draws to a close, her reclusive bubble is shattered by two events: a sudden reappearance of an ex-girlfriend and a bundle of an old acquaintance Pedro: a reel of Super-8 film, a audio cassette and a door key. From there, the boundaries of time, space, and sexuality are erased as José is once again sucked into Pedro’s vampiric orbit. Together they attempt the ultimate hallucinogenic catharsis through a moebius filming tape and being filmed.
Oscar winner Pedro Almodóvar (Talk to her, Volver, the skin I live in) calls Arrebato a “total modern classic”.