New AR ‘tips’ for Papa John’s Halloween campaign
Papa John’s Highlights ‘Fear’ Factor With More Augmented Reality Tricks Around The World This Halloween
MILTON KEYNES, England, 25 October 2021 / PRNewswire / – Papa John’s is giving customers some new AR tricks this Halloween with the re-release of his hit campaign Jack, featuring the iconic Jack O’Lantern shaped pizza and a series of movie parodies from 80s horror.
A new Instagram AR filter first used in the world at Papa John’s and activated via specially designed mattress topper flyers brings the brand’s Halloween character, Jack, who “owns” the pizza to life.
Jack was first released from Papa John’s pizza boxes last year as part of the release of his hit ’80s horror parody short. And for the first time, customers can attack Jack with jars of Garlic Sauce when he appears via AR.
The new AR is just one of the things that gives the campaign a totally immersive sense of Halloween treats and tricks:
- The blood-curdling laughter of the Thriller actor and legend of late horror Vincent Price makes another posthumous appearance in the re-release of the movie Jack
- An interactive Instagram face filter turns customers into Jack when they open their mouths for a bite and become possessed by the specter of pumpkin-shaped pizza
- YouTube Horror Specialists, SKYCORP based in LA, used CGI and special FX to create the short film available for viewing on YouTube here.
- The legend of the Batman games, Sean Schemmel, voices the film’s possessed pizza character, Jack
- British artist, Zedo created a rap music track and a Jack-themed video with humorous lyrics as additional content
- Influences of Jean Charpentier movies and The Evil Dead were used to inspire the Jack film series
- Jack O’Lantern Shaped Pizza, a special garlic dip and Trick or Treat Stuffed Breadsticks are also launching in some markets and guaranteed to blow up spider webs.
Laurent Felice, EMENA International Marketing Director at Papa John’s International, comments: âI hope Halloween is back for many this year with some easing of restrictions. opportunity again for customers this year. “
Speaking of her father’s legacy, her daughter Victoria Award comments: “Our family has always had a close connection to the food industry, so I know my father would have been immensely proud to continue his love of food and horror to this day with the Papa John’s Jack campaign.”
The new Jack Pizza Bundle includes Jack O’Lantern Pizza, tasty Trick or Treat Breadsticks with an added surprise, and are available to order through PapaJohns.com or the Papa John’s app.
Notes to editors
For more information regarding the Jack campaign, or any of the items available on the Papa John’s menu, please visit PapaJohns.com
* Flyers on boxes only accompany purchases of Papa John’s products related to Halloween
About Papa John’s
Papa John’s International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) opened in 1984 with one goal in mind: BETTER INGREDIENTS. BEST PIZZA. Papa John’s believes that the use of high quality ingredients leads to superior quality pizzas. Its original paste is made from just six ingredients and is fresh, never frozen. Papa John’s tops his pizzas with real cheese made from mozzarella, pizza sauce made from vine-ripened tomatoes that go from the vine to canning the same day, and meat without fillers. It was the first national pizza delivery chain to announce the removal of artificial flavors and synthetic colors from its entire food menu. Papa John’s is headquartered at Louisville, Ky. and is the third largest pizza delivery company in the world with more than 5,360 restaurants in 48 countries and territories as of September 27, 2020. For more information about the Company or to order pizza online, visit www.PapaJohns.com or download the Papa John’s mobile app for iOS or Android.
SOURCE Papa John’s